Welcome and thank you for your interest in working for the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH)! Review the information below for more information about working on the nationwide team of NSDUH field data collection staff.
The NSDUH's Sponsor & Objective
- The NSDUH is sponsored by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's (SAMHSA) Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality (CBHSQ).
- SAMHSA is an agency in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).
- The study is the federal government's primary source of national data on the use or non-use of alcohol, tobacco, and illicit substances. The survey also contains questions on mental health, illegal behaviors and other topics associated with substance use.
NSDUH Field Data Collection Staff Positions
- The field interviewer position is a part time position with work hours averaging 20-25 per week. The nature of this position will not guarantee this number of hours or continuous work week-to-week while on assignment.
- Each trip into the field requires field interviewers to spend at least 4 hours contacting specific households in assigned areas to collect data.
- Households and interview respondents for the NSDUH are randomly selected and all data collected is confidential.
- Please click here to view an informative video about the field interviewer position.
- Opportunities for travel assignments around the country exist for staff who complete high quality work in a timely, cost-effective manner.
For accessible video, please contact us.
- Field supervisors are full-time employees, charged with supervising 10-18 field interviewers. Supervisors have frequent contact with interviewers and are responsible for the oversight of all aspects of the field interviewers' work, ensuring high quality data, cost efficiency and steady completion of assigned cases.
RTI International & Headway Workforce Solutions
RTI International, an independent, nonprofit organization based in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, has conducted the NSDUH project since 1988.
All field interviewers are employees of Headway Workforce Solutions. Headway partners with RTI International to connect field interviewers with a variety of work opportunities within the organization. Employment assignments are considered temporary in scope and are based on the duration of the project. Headway is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are a prospective field interviewer interested in working on the NSDUH, please visit Headway 'Workforce Solutions' Career page (www.headwayinresearch.com/rti) to register, complete a profile and upload your application. Your information will be reviewed and you will be contacted if your qualifications appear to fit the needs of the NSDUH project.
If you are interested in working with RTI International, visit www.rti.org to view the current job openings at RTI locations throughout the world.
PDF Reader Plugin